Ideally your a independent architect or small architectural firm that was busy in the good times but now that real estate is in the great depression your looking for some side work and stumbled accross this add. I own the land, have the money, a demo permit and I am ready to start working with someone next week. When responding please give me your experince in all of this and your bottom line hourly rate. Sorry to be looking for a deal on everything but the banks just are not lending money like they used to and I am on a tight budget. Having said that, I pay on a very timely basis. If you have current experience in Santa Monica please tell me about it. If you have examples of your mediterranean work please send me a link.
Background: I started designing a house with an out of work friend of mine who designs building sets for the movie studio's in Rhino. He would sit down with me, ask me what I wanted and draw it up in 3D fairly quickly. Along the way he would give me suggestions on what might work better. Then he got a job on the East coast, is working 168 hours a week and is too busy for this.
This is what I need:
The plans are half on screen and half in my head still. I need someone who can interact with me qucikly and produce screens in 2d & 3d, make suggestions and changes on the fly in real time. I don't need perfect/manufacturing spec 3D. I am just trying to get a decent idea of what it's going to look like so I can hopefully avoid a lot of change orders once it starts going up. (I'm on a tight budget). Ultimate is to get some preliminary plans to the lender and digital plans to the City of Santa Monica for a permit.
Internet searching/sourcing for examples of mediterranean style windows, door, pre-cast stone, roof tile and other architectural features. What I don't want is you telling me to "find" a picture of what I want. This is why you need to have experience in Mediterranean. The house sits in a neighborhood of houses that were build in the 1930's & 40"s; I want to look like it fits in and not look dated ten years from now. (Yes, I know you are all trained to hate Mediteranean in school but that's what I want and no, I am not changing my mind). Having said that I am very open to/expect suggestions and I am not wed to or a strict interpretation of any style. Stylistically I am looking for that warm, romatic mediterranean/spanish feel with lots of arches, tile roofs and thick plaster walls. I'd like some renasaunce symetry, some dramatic effects, some clever effects and a scense of timeless class please. So any helpful suggestions along those lines would be appreciated but I do have a pretty well defined idea of what I want. I spell all of this out to reafirm that I am not doing anything modern and to maybe hit a creative spark with the right architect.
Once we get part of the way through the plans we need to do work with an engineer and the over the counter desk at the City of Santa Monica to make adjustments based on their recommendations.
Once we are done with final rederings they have to be summited digitally to the City of Santa Monica. If you have only summited plans to LA it's not the same. (However, if you can do everything else we can talk. I know someone who can do the digital summission process)
This will be a cash/pay as you go hourly deal. Will post more details latter but if you feel you fit the bill feel free to write now. When responding please note how you match the above and your bottom line hourly rate; obviously I am looking for a deal.
Location: Santa Monica/WLACompensation: please quote me what your looking for on an hourly ratePrincipals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.Please, no phone calls about this job!Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
No comments:
Post a Comment